- (Scotland, law) poultry, etc., required by the lease to be paid in kind by a tenant to the landlord.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wharton (Law Dict.) to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for kain in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- Rōmaji transcription of
- act or manner of eating or consuming food
- amount of food eaten at a time
- action of a machine (such as a saw, plow, or knife) on a surface
kain (root word)
- to eat