- (Classical) IPA(key): /ˈmo.ne.oː/, [ˈmɔneoː]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /ˈmo.ne.o/, [ˈmɔːneo]
Audio (Classical) (file)
- I warn, I advise
- I remind
- I exhort, advise, recommend
- I punish, chastise, castigate
- I predict, foretell
1At least one use of the archaic "sigmatic future" and "sigmatic aorist" tenses is attested, which are used by Old Latin writers; most notably Plautus and Terence. The sigmatic future is generally ascribed a future or future perfect meaning, while the sigmatic aorist expresses a possible desire ("might want to").
2The present passive infinitive in -ier is a rare poetic form which is attested.
- “moneo”, in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- moneo in Dizionario Latino, Olivetti
- “moneo”, in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers
- moneo in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire illustré latin-français, Hachette