Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- to oblige, obligate
- first-person and third-person singular future subjunctive of
- first-person and third-person singular personal infinitive of
Conjugation of obrigar
- to oblige; to force; to compel; to coerce (tell someone to do something against their wills, often by using threats of violence)
- (figuratively) to induce an action by leaving no other choices
A situação nos obriga a abandonar este local.
- The situation leaves us with no choice but to abandon this place.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb obrigar