Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, intransitive) To charge (somebody) more money than the correct amount or to surpass a certain limit while charging a bill.
- (transitive) To continue to charge (an electrical device) beyond its capacity.
- (transitive, dated) To charge or load too heavily; to burden; to oppress.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Walter Raleigh to this entry?)
- (transitive, dated) To fill too full; to crowd.
- Our language is overcharged with consonants.
- (transitive, dated) To exaggerate.
- to overcharge a description
to charge more than correct amount
to overcharge an electric device
overcharge (plural overcharges)