Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: spoonfeed
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈspunˌfid/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈspuːnfiːd/
- Hyphenation: spoon‧feed
- To help somebody (usually a baby or elder) to eat using a spoon; to feed using a spoon.
- To overly pamper or indulge someone, so that they do not act or think for themselves.
- I can help you with your homework, but you must understand the concept, because I will not spoon-feed you.
- To deliver information in as basic a manner as possible.
to help somebody to eat using a spoon
to overly pamper or indulge someone
to deliver information in as basic a manner as possible
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.