- Rhymes: -ɪkɪt
thicket (plural thickets)
- A dense, but generally small, growth of shrubs, bushes or small trees; a copse.
- (figuratively) A dense aggregation of other things, concrete or abstract.
- 2013 July 19, Timothy Garton Ash, “Where Dr Pangloss meets Machiavelli”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 18:
- Hidden behind thickets of acronyms and gorse bushes of detail, a new great game is under way across the globe. Some call it geoeconomics, but it's geopolitics too. The current power play consists of an extraordinary range of countries simultaneously sitting down to negotiate big free trade and investment agreements.
- (computing, figuratively) The collection of many small linked files created when a document is saved in HTML format by some word processors and web site creation software.
A dense aggregation of other things, concrete or abstract.