- (chiefly medicine, of a disease or disease-causing agent) Highly infectious, malignant, or deadly.
- Hostile to the point of being venomous; intensely acrimonious.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 8, in The China Governess:
- It was a casual sneer, obviously one of a long line. There was hatred behind it, but of a quiet, chronic type, nothing new or unduly virulent, and he was taken aback by the flicker of amazed incredulity that passed over the younger man's ravaged face.
- The politicians were virulent in their hatred of the president.
infectious, malignant, or deadly
virulent (plural and definite singular attributive virulente)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text