Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /ɪˈmiːdi.ətli/, /əˈmiːdi.ətli/
- (colloquial) IPA(key): /ɪˈmiːdʒətli/, /əˈmiːdʒətli/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: im‧me‧di‧ate‧ly, im‧me‧diate‧ly
immediately (not comparable)
- In an immediate manner; instantly or without delay.
- I hope we can begin immediately.
- 2011 November 12, “International friendly: England 1-0 Spain”, in BBC Sport:
- Spain failed to move through the gears despite exerting control for lengthy spells and a measure of perspective must be applied immediately to the outcome.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:immediately.
in an immediate manner
- directly (as soon as). Indicates that the independent clause describes something that occurs immediately after the dependent clause's referent does.