Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /wəˈnɛvə/, /wɛnˈɛvə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /wəˈnɛvɚ/, /hwəˈnɛvɚ/, /wɛnˈɛvɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛvə(ɹ)
- At any time that.
- Visit whenever you want to.
- 1987 December 21, Richard Nixon, Letters to Trump, Winning Team Publishing, published 2023, →ISBN, →OCLC, page 10:
- I did not see the program, but Mrs. Nixon told me that you were great on the Donahue Show.
As you can imagine, she is an expert on politics and she predicts that whenever you decide to run for office you will be a winner!
- At the (single) time that, no matter when.
- Tomorrow I'll get up whenever the sun rises.
- Every time that.
- Whenever he has a pair of aces, his eyelids twitch.
- Regardless of the time that.
- Income must be reported in the period in which it is earned, whenever payment is actually received.
- (Ireland, regional US, nonstandard) When.
- Whenever I was a child, I lived in Arkansas.
at any time that
every time that
when — see when
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (interrogative) When ever: emphatic form of when.
- Whenever will I find time to finish that jigsaw?
- At any time.
- Feel free to visit whenever.
at any time