Variant of 箇 (“bamboo stalk”). Half of 竹 (“bamboo”).
个 (radical 2 丨+2, 3 strokes, cangjie input 人中 (OL), four-corner 80200, composition ⿱𠆢丨)
- KangXi: page 78, character 23
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 70
- Dae Jaweon: page 158, character 3
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 103, character 1
- Unihan data for U+4E2A
|For pronunciation and definitions of 个 – see 個.
(This character, 个, is the simplified form of 個.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- counter for articles
- New Nelson: 25
- Halpern: 1959
- Halpern Learners: not listed
- Heisig: not listed
- Tuttle Kanji Dictionary: 6f8.15
- Source: EDICT and KANJIDIC files licensed by the Electronic Dictionaries Research Group.
- Pronunciation 개 came from a confusion with 介. 个 is a variant of 個, and its pronunciation would have been 고 as in 固, 凅, 痼, etc.
个 • (gae)
- Sound (hangeul): 개 (revised: gae, ga, McCune-Reischauer: kae, ka, Yale: kay, ka)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- 개 (gae; original pronunciation 가 (ga))
- 낱 개 (nat gae)