朏 (radical 74 月+5, 9 strokes, cangjie input 月山山 (BUU), four-corner 72272, composition ⿰月出)
- KangXi: page 505, character 8
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 14351
- Dae Jaweon: page 883, character 20
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 2065, character 1
- Unihan data for U+670F
Ideogrammic compound (會意): 月 (“moon”) + 出 (“to come out; to appear”).
Perhaps from Austroasiatic; compare Khmer ពន្លូត (pônlut, “to enlarge; to augment”, literally “to cause to appear; to grow”), from លូត (lut, “to sprout; to grow; to become longer”) (Schuessler, 2007).
- † light of crescent moon
- † third day of a lunar month
- † (of the moon, a star) to rise
- † to approach daybreak
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
朏 (hiragana みかづき, rōmaji mikazuki)
- Rare spelling of 三日月 (“crescent moon”).
朏 • (bi) (hangeul 비, revised bi, McCune-Reischauer pi)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text