Jump to navigation Jump to search
|simp. and trad.
|Literally: “west of the river”.|
- Named after Jiangnanxi Circuit (江南西道) in Tang dynasty; literally west of Jiangnan (a region to the south of Yangtze River)
- region to the north of Yangtze River
- So named as the river flows northeast in much part of modern Anhui (especially Wuhu, which is an important crossing), and the north of Yangtze River also lies the west.
- (～省) Jiangxi (a province of China)
- (historical) region to the north of Yangtze River; sometimes includes the Central Plains (as oppose to 江東／江东 (Jiāngdōng)).
|Kanji in this term|