Pictogram (象形) – a head “首“ (of a decapitated criminal) hung upside down, with the hair hanging down. The original form of 懸. Compare 辟.
Also Japanese shinjitai Simplified from 縣 (elimination of 系).
Actually simplified from 𥄉 (巛 → 小).
県 (radical 109 目+4, 9 strokes, cangjie input 月山女火 (BUVF), composition ⿱⿺𠃊目小)
- The original form of 懸
- The simplification of 縣 in Japanese
Exists as a traditional Chinese character, but not generally used in Chinese in isolation. In Japanese, used as simplification of 縣.
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 803, character 15
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 23210
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2478, character 4
- Unihan data for U+770C
|For pronunciation and definitions of 県 – see 縣.
(This character, 県, is a variant form of 縣.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 県 – see 懸.
(This character, 県, is an ancient form of 懸.)
(grade 3 “Kyōiku” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 縣)
県 (hiragana あがた, rōmaji agata)
- a historical administrative district
- the countryside
県 (hiragana けん, rōmaji ken)
- a type of administrative district, including 43 of the 47 prefectures of modern day Japan, Chinese counties, French departments, etc.
県 (hiragana あがた, rōmaji Agata)
- A surname.
県 • (hyeon) (hangeul 현, revised hyeon, McCune-Reischauer hyŏn, Yale hyen)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text