AAA (plural AAAs)
- (medicine) Initialism of abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- (organic chemistry) Initialism of aromatic amino acid.
- (military) Initialism of anti-aircraft artillery.
- (psychology) Initialism of animal-assisted activity.
- (US, historical, law) Initialism of Agricultural Adjustment Act.
- (US, historical, law) Initialism of Agricultural Adjustment Administration.
- 2001, James S. Olson, “Agricultural Adjustment Administration”, in Historical Dictionary of the Great Depression, 1929–1940, Greenwood Press, →ISBN, page 5:
- Black's ideas were first implemented when Congress passed the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933,* which became the heart and soul of New Deal* agricultural policy. The legislation created the Agricultural Adjustment Administration (AAA) to implement Black's ideas. […] Under the Agricultural Adjustment Act, the AAA would negotiate “marketing agreements” in which individual farmers agreed to reduce production.
- (US) Initialism of American Anthropological Association.
- 2003, Carolyn Fluehr-Lobban, “Introduction”, in Carolyn Fluehr-Lobban, editor, Ethics and the Profession of Anthropology: Dialogue for Ethically Conscious Practice, 2nd edition, AltaMira Press, →ISBN, page xii:
- Through its major professional organization, the American Anthropological Association (AAA), the discipline hoped to find a solution to its crisis through reorganization. Completed in 1984, nine affiliated societies signed a merger agreement with the AAA.
- (sports, Canada, US) The highest level of minor league baseball, often used by extension in other sports to indicate the highest level of minor league play in that sport as well.
- A very narrow shoe size.
- (finance) The highest credit rating given by debt analysis agencies such as Standard & Poor's, Moody's, and A.M. Best.
- (video games) A quality video game expected to sell well, typically with a higher budget than budget software.
- Abortion Assistance Association
- Access All Areas, Sony music project
- Access Approval Authority
- Accumulated Adjustments Account, in US Federal Income Tax
- Acquisition Approval Authority
- Action Awareness Alert
- (dated) Actors and Artistes of America now, the AAAA.
- Adaptive array antenna
- Administration, authorization, and authentication, in software security
- Advanced acoustic array
- AEGIS acquisition agent
- Aerospace engineering, applied mechanics, and aviation
- Agricultural Aviation Association
- Agricultural Adjustment Association
- Air avenue of approach
- Airborne array aperture
- Airborne assault area
- Aircraft alert area
- Airport airspace analysis
- All American Aviation
- Allegheny Airlines
- (Britain, art, historical) Allied Artists' Association
- Allied Artists of America
- Allocations, assessments, and analysis
- Alternate assembly area
- (Britain) Amateur Athletic Association
- American Abstract Artists
- (dated) American Academy of Allergy, now see AAAAI
- American Academy of Actuaries
- American Academy of Advertising
- American Accordionists Association
- American Accounting Association
- American Airship Association
- American Ambulance Association
- American Antarctic Association
- American Arbitration Association
- American Association of Anatomists
- American Astronomers Association
- American Australian Association
- (US) American Automobile Association
- Angle angle angle, a geometric proof
- ANSI Artists of America
- Antique Airplane Association
- Appraisers Association of America
- Archives of American Art
- Area-Agency on Aging
- Argentine Anticommunist Alliance
- Armenian Assembly of America
- Army Athletic Association
- (dated, US) Army Audit Agency, the USAAA, United States Army Audit Agency.
- Arrival and assembly area
- Assign alternate area
- Associated Agents of America
- Association of Accounting Administrators
- Association of Average Adjusters
- Astronaut-actuated abort
- Attitude, awareness and accountability, a ski safety program
- (dated) Australian Association of Accountants
- Australian Automobile Association
- Authentication, authorization and accounting
- Authorization accounting activity; authorized accounting activity
- Automated airlift analysis
- Autoridad de Acueductos y Alcantarillados (Aqueduct and Sewer Authority, Puerto Rico)
- Awaiting aircraft availability
- ^ Kyle Orland, Scott Steinberg, and David Thomas, The Videogame Style Guide And Reference Manual ed. Scott Jones and Shana Hertz (Power Play, 2007) 12.