Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A city in the West Bank, believed to be the birthplace of Jesus.
- 1611, Bible (KJV): Matthew 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem
Bethlehem (plural Bethlehems)
- (obsolete) A lunatic asylum.
- (architecture) In the Ethiopic church, a small building attached to a church edifice, in which the bread for the Eucharist is made.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Audsley to this entry?)
Bēthlehem n (indeclinable)
- Alternative form of