Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (biology): confluency
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɒn.flu.əns/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑnˌflu.əns/, /kənˈflu.əns/
- Rhymes: -ɒnfluəns, -uːəns
confluence (plural confluences)
- The act of combining that occurs where two rivers meet.
- The confluence of the rivers produced a great rush of water.
- The place where two rivers, streams, or other continuously flowing bodies of water meet and become one, especially where a tributary joins a river.
- The stream or body formed by the junction of two or more streams; a combined flood.
- A convergence or combination of forces, people, or things.
- (biology) The proportion of cells, in a culture medium, that adhere to each other.
- (computer science, in rewriting systems) A property describing which terms can be rewritten with other, equivalent terms.
point where two rivers or streams meet
convergence or combination