Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Latin complēre, present active infinitive of compleō (with a more conservative pronunciation preserved in the shift from Latin -pl- to -pr-; compare the normal shift from implēre to encher) . Compare Spanish cumplir.
- (transitive with com (somewhat formal) or with no preposition) to carry out, to do, to perform
Você deveria cumprir com seu dever.
- You should carry out your duty.
- (transitive) to fulfill
- (transitive) to accomplish
Você cumpriu seus objetivos?
- Did you accomplish your goals?
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to come true, to be fulfilled
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ir verb cumprir