cup of tea
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see cup, tea. A cup with tea in it.
- Would you be a dear and get me a cup of tea, please?
- (idiomatic, singular only) Whatever suits or interests one.
- Daytime television is not my cup of tea.
- The second sense is most commonly used in phrases such as, not my cup of tea, just my cup of tea, etc.
tea in a cup
something of interest
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.