Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- of, or relating to a difference
- differential characteristics
- For whom he produced differential favours.
- dependent on, or making a difference; distinctive
- having differences in speed or direction of motion
- (mathematics) of, or relating to differentiation, or the differential calculus
relating to a difference
having differences in speed
relating to differentiation or differential calculus
differential (plural differentials)
- the differential gear in an automobile etc
- a qualitative or quantitative difference between similar or comparable things
- (mathematics) an infinitesimal change in a variable, or the result of differentiation
- One of two coils of conducting wire so related to one another or to a magnet or armature common to both, that one coil produces polar action contrary to that of the other.
- A form of conductor used for dividing and distributing the current to a series of electric lamps so as to maintain equal action in all.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Knight to this entry?)
differential gear — see differential gear
difference between similar or comparable things
- (mechanics) a differential gear
- (mathematics) an infinitesimal change
- (mathematics) the differential operator
|Declension of differential|