- (obsolete) To vie; to emulate; to strive.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Edmund Spenser to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for envie in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
envie f (plural envies)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “envie” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).