Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
extender (plural extenders)
- Any of various substances designed to extend any of several properties of a material.
- Any of various components designed to extend the length of a device.
- Any substance added to food to bulk it out, with a higher protein content than a filler.
- Soy protein is used as a meat extender.
- (climbing) A runner, or quick-draw. (from sense #2)
- (linguistics) A phrase that extends an expression to include further members of a set, e.g. "and stuff", "or something".
- Obsolete spelling of
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb extender
- to extend
- Rule: e becomes ie in stressed syllables.