Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
extender (plural extenders)
- Any of various substances designed to extend any of several properties of a material.
- Any of various components designed to extend the length of a device.
- Any substance added to food to bulk it out, with a higher protein content than a filler.
- Soy protein is used as a meat extender.
- (climbing) A runner, or quick-draw. (from sense #2)
- (linguistics) A phrase that extends an expression to include further members of a set, e.g. "and stuff", "or something".
- (intransitive) to extend (to increase in extent)
- (transitive) to extend (to cause to increase in extent)
- (transitive) to extend (to cause to last for a longer period of time)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb extender
- (to increase in extent): ampliar
- to extend
- Rule: e becomes ie in stressed syllables.
Conjugation of extender (See Appendix:Spanish verbs)