Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: forgó
- To let pass, to leave alone
- To do without, to abandon
- The only way to avoid shame is to forgo acting shamefully.
- To refrain from, to abstain from, to pass up, to withgo.
to let pass
to do without
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- “forgo”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
- forgo in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913