Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To mature and become an adult.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- To start to develop; to flourish.
- Socialism grew up in the industrial cities.
- (idiomatic) To stop acting as or like a child (often used as an imperative interjection).
- Will you grow up please, and stop making silly faces?
to mature and become an adult
idiomatic: to stop acting as a child
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.