Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɒɹɪdʒ/
- (General American, Canada) IPA(key): /ˈpɔɹɪdʒ/
- (NYC) IPA(key): /ˈpɑɹɪdʒ/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒɹɪdʒ, -ɔːɹɪdʒ
- A dish made of grain or legumes, milk and/or water, heated and stirred until thick and typically eaten for breakfast.
- Eat your porridge while it's hot!
- (chiefly Britain) Oatmeal porridge.
- (Britain, slang) A prison sentence.
- Just do your porridge and keep your head down.
- (rare) A type of thick soup or stew, especially thickened with barley.
breakfast cereal dish — See also translations at oatmeal