See also: réservation
- The act of reserving, withholding or keeping back.
- Something that is withheld or kept back.
- (often plural) A limiting qualification; a doubt.
- I have reservations about your intentions.
- (US) A tract of land set apart by the US government for the use of a Native American people; Indian reservation (compare Canadian reserve).
- An arrangement by which accommodation or transport arrangements are secured in advance.
- (Britain) The area which separates opposing lanes of traffic on a divided motorway.
- (India) The setting aside of a certain percentage of vacancies in government institutions for members of backward and underrepresented communities (defined primarily by caste and tribe).
act of withholding
tract of land
arrangement by which something is secured in advance
area that separates opposing traffic lanes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
reservation f (plural reservations)
- reservation (limiting qualification)