Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act of reviving, or the state of being revived
- Renewed attention to something, as to letters or literature.
- Renewed performance of, or interest in, something, such as drama or literature.
- Renewed interest in religion, after indifference and decline; a period of religious awakening; special religious interest.
- A Christian religious meeting held to inspire active members of a church body or to gain new converts.
- Reanimation from a state of languor or depression; applied to health, a person's spirits, etc.
- Renewed pursuit, or cultivation, or flourishing state of something, as of commerce, arts, agriculture.
- Renewed prevalence of something, as a practice or a fashion.
- the revival of hot pants
- Restoration of force, validity, or effect; renewal.
- the revival of a debt barred by limitation; the revival of a revoked will
- Revivification, as of a metal.
renewed attention to something
renewed interest in religion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
to be checked
revival m (plural revivales)