Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
revival (plural revivals)
- The act of reviving, or the state of being revived.
- Renewed attention to something, as to letters or literature.
- Renewed performance of, or interest in, something, as the drama and literature.
- Renewed interest in religion, after indifference and decline; a period of religious awakening; special religious interest.
- Reanimation from a state of langour or depression; -- applied to the health, spirits, and the like.
- Renewed pursuit, or cultivation, or flourishing state of something, as of commerce, arts, agriculture.
- Renewed prevalence of something, as a practice or a fashion.
- the revival of hot pants
- Restoration of force, validity, or effect; renewal; as, the revival of a debt barred by limitation; the revival of a revoked will, etc.
- Revivification, as of a metal.
renewed attention to something
renewed interest in religion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
to be checked