- A conscious choice or decision.
2017 May 13, Barney Ronay, “Antonio Conte’s brilliance has turned Chelsea’s pop-up team into champions”, in the Guardian:
- Conte has broken the mould further with the suggestion he might escape the Abramovich cleaver, becoming the first of his line to leave by his own volition.
- The mental power or ability of choosing; the will.
- Out of all the factors that can influence a person's decision, none can match the power of his or her own volition.
- (linguistics) A concept that distinguishes whether or not the subject or agent intended something.
A conscious choice or decision.
The mental power or ability of choosing; the will.
- volition in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- volition in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
volition f (plural volitions)