Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Any of a variety of red or purple pigments containing ferric oxide, found in natural earth or made by chemical methods.
- The colour of Indian red pigment: a variety of dark, purplish reds.
- Having the colour of Indian red pigment.
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:Indian red.
- (reds) red; blood red, brick red, burgundy, cardinal, carmine, carnation, cerise, cherry, cherry red, Chinese red, cinnabar, claret, crimson, damask, fire brick, fire engine red, flame, flamingo, fuchsia, garnet, geranium, gules, hot pink, incarnadine, Indian red, magenta, maroon, misty rose, nacarat, oxblood, pillar-box red, pink, Pompeian red, poppy, raspberry, red violet, rose, rouge, ruby, ruddy, salmon, sanguine, scarlet, shocking pink, stammel, strawberry, Turkey red, Venetian red, vermillion, vinaceous, vinous, violet red, wine (Category: en:Reds)
2007, Nancy Cox and Karin Dannehl, Dictionary of Traded Goods and Commodities, 1550-1820, University of Wolverhampton.