Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "mac"
- (international standards) ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country code for Macau.
- (US military) Acronym of Military Airlift Command, formerly, one of three former divisions of the US airforce, the others being SAC and TAC.
- Acronym of Military Armament Corporation.
MAC (countable and uncountable, plural MACs)
- (chemistry) Initialism of maximum allowable concentration, the maximum concentration of a pollutant which is considered harmless to healthy adults during their working hours, assuming they breathe uncontaminated air at all other times.
- (computer security) Initialism of mandatory access control.
- (networking) Initialism of media access control: the portion of Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 wireless, Bluetooth, FDDI, ATM, and Fibre Channel networks that controls which hardware devices have access to the media over which signals are sent.
- (aviation) Initialism of mean aerodynamic chord.
- (aviation) Initialism of mid-air collision.
- (cryptography) Initialism of message authentication code.
- (military, nautical, aviation, historical) Initialism of merchant aircraft carrier.
- (science fiction) Initialism of magnetic accelerator cannon.
- (UK, telecommunications) Initialism of Migration Authorisation Code.
- (immunology) Initialism of membrane attack complex, a part of the complement system of the innate immune system.
- (computing) Initialism of multiply and accumulate, a hardware module found in digital signal processors which performs a multiplication and adds the result of that operation to an accumulator in the same cycle, used extensively in implementations of digital filters, transforms, and codecs.
- (microbiology) Initialism of Mycobacterium avium complex.
- (anesthesiology) Initialism of minimum alveolar concentration.
- (anesthesiology) Initialism of monitored anesthesia care.
- Translingual lemmas
- Translingual symbols
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-3
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- American English
- English acronyms
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English initialisms
- en:Computer security
- English terms with historical senses
- en:Science fiction
- British English