- (transitive) To determine the value or worth of something, particularly as a person appointed for this purpose.
- to appraise goods and chattels
- (transitive) To consider comprehensively.
- (transitive) To judge the performance of someone, especially a worker.
- At the end of the contract, you will be appraised by your line manager.
- (transitive) To estimate; to conjecture.
- (transitive) To praise; to commend.
determine value or worth
to estimate; to conjecture
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Form of apprise in use since 1706 but considered incorrect by some.