Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To set a value or worth of something, particularly by people appointed for the purpose
to appraise goods and chattels
- (transitive) To consider comprehensively
- (transitive) To judge the performance of someone, especially a worker
At the end of the contract, you will be appraised by your line manager.
- To estimate; to conjecture.
- To praise; to commend.
Terms derived from appraise
to set a value; to estimate the worth of
to estimate; to conjecture
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Form of apprise in use since 1706 but considered incorrect by some.