Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Binder
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbaɪndə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbaɪndɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪndə(ɹ)
binder (plural binders)
- Someone who binds.
- A cover or holder for unbound papers, pages, etc.
- Something that is used to bind things together, often referring to the mechanism that accomplishes this for a book.
- (programming) A software mechanism that performs binding.
- 2004, Paul Vick, The Visual Basic .NET Programming Language, page 389:
- The runtime binder considers inheritance and name hiding, and does overload resolution.
- (computing) A program or routine that attaches malware to an existing harmless file on the target system.
- 2013, John R. Vacca, Managing Information Security, page 291:
- Some of these file binders can produce files that can't be detected by some anti-viruses, and if downloaded and run by an unsuspecting user, it can result in a system compromise.
- A dossier.
- (agriculture) A machine used in harvesting that ties cut stalks of grain into a bundle.
- (chemistry) A chemical or other substance that causes two other substances to form into one.
- (law) A down payment on a piece of real property that secures the payor the right to purchase the property from the payee upon an agreement of terms.
- (chiefly Minnesota) A rubber band.
- (LGBT) Material or clothing used in binding or flattening the breasts.
- 2014, Sigrid Rausing, Granta 129: Fate:
- He had to send back the binders and return to clothing that was at least gender-neutral.
- (molecular biology) A protein binder.
- (UK, slang) One who whines or complains.
- (chemical etc.) binding agent
someone who binds
bookbinder — see bookbinder
cover or holder for unbound papers, pages etc.
something that is used to bind things together
programming: software mechanism that performs binding
dossier — see dossier
agriculture: machine used in harvesting that ties cut stalks of grain into a bundle
chemistry: chemical etc. that causes other substances to form into one
law: down payment on a piece of real property
LGBT: material or clothing used in binding or flattening the breasts
binder m (invariable)
- binder (a mixture of bitumen and gravel etc. used in roadbuilding)
- binding (material or clothing used in binding or flattening the breasts)
- Alternative form of