Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbluːpə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈblupɚ/
- Rhymes: -uːpə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: bloop‧er
blooper (plural bloopers)
- (US, dated) A radio which interferes with other radios, causing them to bloop (squeal loudly). [from 1926]
- (informal) A blunder, an error.
- (baseball, slang) A fly ball that is weakly hit just over the infielders. [19th c.]
- (film, informal) A filmed or videotaped outtake that has recorded an amusing accident and/or mistake.
- (nautical) A gaff-rigged fore-and-aft sail set from and aft of the aftmost mast of a square-rigged ship; a spanker.
- (blunder, error): boo-boo, faux pas, fluff, gaffe, lapse, mistake, slip, stumble; see also Thesaurus:error
- (baseball): banjo hit, flare, Texas leaguer
radio which interferes with other radios
blunder, error — See also translations at error
fly ball that is weakly hit
filmed or videotaped outtake
gaff-rigged fore-and-aft sail — see spanker
- (filmed or videotaped outtake): gag reel (“compilation of outtakes”)
- blooper on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- blooper (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- spanker (sail) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
blooper m (plural bloopers)