Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -uːpə(ɹ)
blooper (plural bloopers)
- (informal) An error.
- (baseball, slang, 1800s) A fly ball that is weakly hit just over the infielders.
- (informal) A film or videotaped outtake that has recorded an amusing mistake and/or accident during the course of regular filming.
- (nautical) A kind of sail, a spanker.
- (error): blunder, boo-boo, faux pas, fluff, gaffe, lapse, mistake, slip, stumble, thinko
- (baseball): banjo hit, Texas leaguer
- (an edited-out video/audio fragment containing a funny error) gag reel
- See also Wikisaurus:error
a weakly hit fly ball which just goes over the infielders