Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK, US) IPA(key): /sɪŋk/
- (UK, US) IPA(key): /sæŋk/
cinque (plural cinques)
- (dice games, card games, dominoes) A card, die, or domino with five spots or pips.
- 1775, “a Connoisseur”, “Containing an Account of the Game of Back-gammon, with the most approved Method of playing at it, and the Rules of the Game. Together with the Artifices and Legerdemains that are frequently practised at it.”, in Annals of Gaming; or, The Fair Player’s Sure Guide. Containing Original Treatises on the following Games. […], London: […] G. Allen, […], pages 181–182:
- Accordingly the firſt beſt throw upon the dice is eſteemed aces, as it ſtops the ſix point in the outer table, and ſecures the cinque in your own, whereby your adverſary's two men upon your ace point cannot get out with either quatre, cinq, or ſix.
- 1775, “Introduction to the Game of Back-Gammon; With the most approved Method of playing at it”, in Charles Jones, editor, Hoyle’s Games Improved. Being Practical Treatises on the following Fashionable Games, […], London: […] J. Rivington and J. Wilkie, […], page 170:
- The firſt beſt Throw upon the Dice is eſteemed Aces, as it ſtops the Six-Point in the outer Table, and ſecures the Cinque in your own, whereby your Adverſary’s two Men upon your Ace-Point cannot get out with either Quatre, Cinque, or Six.
|< 4||5||6 >|
|Cardinal : cinque|
- “cinque, cinqui” in INFCOR: Banca di dati di a lingua corsa
|< 4||5||6 >|
| Cardinal : cinque|
Ordinal : quinto
Multiplier : quintuplo
Fractional : quinto
cinque m (invariable)
|Playing cards in Italian · carte da gioco (layout · text)|