Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Conquest
conquest (plural conquests)
- Victory gained through combat; the subjugation of an enemy.
- (figuratively, by extenstion) An act or instance of overcoming an obstacle.
- Three years sufficed for the conquest of the country.
- That which is conquered; possession gained by force, physical or moral.
- Wherefore rejoice? What conquest brings he home?
- (feudal law) The acquiring of property by other means than by inheritance; acquisition.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Blackstone to this entry?)
- (colloquial, figuratively) A person with whom one has had sex.
victory gained through combat; the subjugation of an enemy