Jump to navigation Jump to search
cuckoo (plural cuckoos)
- Any of various birds, of the family Cuculidae, famous for laying its eggs in the nests of other species; but especially the common cuckoo, Cuculus canorus, that has a characteristic two-note call.
- The sound of that particular bird.
- The bird shaped figure found in Swiss/German clocks (cuckoo clocks) or the clock itself.
- Someone found where they shouldn't be (used especially in the phrase a cuckoo in the nest).
- Someone who is crazy.
- cuckoo clock
- cuckoo-pint (“Arum italicum”)
- cuckoo shrike
- cuckoo's egg
- cuculine (rare)
- cuckoo sign
- To make the call of a cuckoo
- To repeat something incessantly
to make the call of a cuckoo