Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Any of various birds, of the family Cuculidae, famous for laying its eggs in the nests of other species; but especially the common cuckoo, Cuculus canorus, that has a characteristic two-note call.
- The sound of that particular bird.
- The bird-shaped figure found in cuckoo clocks.
- The cuckoo clock itself.
- A person who inveigles themselves into a place where they should not be (used especially in the phrase a cuckoo in the nest).
- (slang) Someone who is crazy.
- Alternative form of
- cuckoo clock
- cuckoo-pint (“Arum italicum”)
- cuckoo shrike
- cuckoo's egg
- cuculine (rare)
- cuckoo sign
- To make the call of a cuckoo.
- To repeat something incessantly. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
to make the call of a cuckoo
to repeat something incessantly
- parrot (as a verb)