- (intransitive) To spend time idly and unfruitfully, to waste time.
2011 October 29, Neil Johnston, “Norwich 3 - 3 Blackburn”, in BBC Sport:
- However all Hennessey's good work went to waste on 52 minutes when he dawdled on the ball.
- Come some evening and dawdle over a dish of tea with me.
- (transitive) To spend (time) without haste or purpose.
to dawdle away the whole morning
- (intransitive) To move or walk lackadaisically.
- We […] dawdle up and down Pall Mall.
If you dawdle on your daily walk, you won't get as much exercise.
to spend time idly and unfruitfully, to waste time
to spend (time) without haste or purpose
to move or walk lackadaisically
dawdle (plural dawdles)