Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (American English) favorite
- Preferred or liked above all others (unless qualified).
- Belonging to a category whose members are all preferred or liked over nonmembers.
- I just saw a movie with all my favourite actors in it.
- A person or thing who enjoys special regard or favour.
- A person who is preferred or trusted above all others.
- A contestant or competitor thought most likely to win.
- You were my favourite to win the spelling competition.
- She's the favourite, she'll probably be elected.
- Synonym: top dog
- (Internet) A bookmark in a web browser.
- (in the plural) A short curl dangling over the temples, fashionable in the reign of Charles II.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Farquhar to this entry?)
person who enjoys special regard or favour
person who is preferred or trusted above all others
contestant or competitor thought most likely to win
favourite (third-person singular simple present favourites, present participle favouriting, simple past and past participle favourited) (Britain, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Malta, South Africa)
- To favour.
- (Internet) To bookmark.
- (Internet) To add to one's list of favourite items on a website that allows users to compile such lists.