Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- jaceō (chiefly New Latin)
- I lie prostrate, lie down; recline.
- Cur in terra iaces? — “Why are you lying on the ground?”
- I am sick, lie ill.
- I linger, stop, tarry, remain.
- I am placed or situated, lie.
- I am low, flat or level.
- I lie still.
- I have fallen, lie dead.
- I lie in ruins.
- I hang down loose.
- (of the face or eyes) I am fixed on the ground or cast down.
- I am indolent, idle or inactive.
- I am of no avail, lie dormant or abandoned.
- I lie overthrown; I am refuted, fail; I am despised.
- (of speech or language) I am languid, dull or lifeless.