Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
orthogonal (not comparable)
- (geometry) Of two objects, at right angles; perpendicular to each other.
- A chord and the radius that bisects it are orthogonal.
- (statistics) Statistically independent, with reference to variates.
- (software engineering) Of two or more aspects of a problem, able to be treated separately.
- The content of the message should be orthogonal to the means of its delivery.
- Of two or more problems or subjects, independent of or irrelevant to each other.
of right angles