Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Very big in size or quantity; gigantic; colossal; huge.
- 1749, [John Cleland], “(Please specify the letter or volume)”, in Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure [Fanny Hill], London: […] G. Fenton [i.e., Fenton and Ralph Griffiths] […], OCLC 731622352:
- Its prodigious size made me shrink again; yet I could not, without pleasure, behold, and even ventur'd to feel, such a length, such a breadth of animated ivory!
- Extraordinarily exciting or amazing.
- (obsolete) Ominous, portentous.
- Monstrous; freakish.
gigantic or huge