Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɪdʒəs
- Very big in size or quantity; gigantic; colossal; huge.
- 1749, [John Cleland], Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure [Fanny Hill], London: Printed [by Thomas Parker] for G. Fenton [i.e., Fenton and Ralph Griffiths] […], OCLC 731622352:
- Its prodigious size made me shrink again; yet I could not, without pleasure, behold, and even ventur'd to feel, such a length, such a breadth of animated ivory!
- extraordinarily exciting or amazing
- (obsolete) ominous, portentous
- monstrous; freakish
gigantic or huge