Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (figuratively) a powder with supposedly magic or charismatic qualities.
- My sister's eyes were full of stardust, and she'd spend hours lazily planning her future life when she would make her big break in the movies.
- A type of cosmic dust that condensed from cooling ejected gases from individual presolar stars and incorporated into the cloud from which the Solar System condensed.
- We are all made of stardust.
- 2004, Ann N. Nguyen and Ernst Zinner, "Discovery of Ancient Silicate Stardust in a Meteorite", Science:
- Presolar grains were isolated in primitive meteorites only 15 years ago. These grains of stardust formed in the atmospheres of evolved stars and in nova and supernova ejecta.
- (informal, dated, astronomy) A distant cluster of stars, resembling a cloud, the individual stars of which cannot be resolved.
- (particles): cosmic dust