Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: SWOT
- (intransitive, slang, Britain) To study with effort or determination.
- (transitive, slang, Britain, with up) To study something with effort or determination (swot up on).
- You should swot up on your French before travelling to Paris.
study something hard
swot (plural swots)
- (slang, Britain) One who swots.
- (slang, Britain) Work.
- (slang, Britain) Vigorous study at an educational institution.
(Can we add an example for this sense?)
one who swots