Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: SWOT
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /swɒt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /swɑt/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Homophone: swat
- Rhymes: -ɒt
- (intransitive, slang, Britain) To study with effort or determination (object of study indicated by "up on").
- You should swot up on your French before travelling to Paris.
- Synonym: cram
swot (plural swots)
- (slang, Britain) One who swots.
- (slang, Britain) By extension, analogous to boffin, nerd, smart aleck. Often pejorative.
- (slang, Britain) Work.
- (slang, Britain) Vigorous study at an educational institution.
- (Can we add an example for this sense?)
one who swots