Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- See parlare as an example of a regular -are verb.
- The only irregular -are verbs are andare, dare (and ridare) and stare.
- fare and related verbs (from Latin facere) are considered to be an irregular -ere verb.
- nominative neuter singular of
- accusative neuter singular of
- vocative neuter singular of
- (on adjectives) Regular construction of comparative: ful (“ugly”) → fulare (“uglier”)
- (on verbs) Denotes a person or object who (regularly) performs the action of the verb: klättra (“climb”) → klättrare (“climber”)
- Used to form the names of residents or inhabitants of particular places; in particular towns/cities: Stockholm → stockholmare (“Stockholmer”). Note that the resulting word is not capitalized.
If added to a a-final stem, the two adjacent a:s merge into one single a.
- (person from): -bo (3) (in some cases not as common as -are')