- ^ "chai." Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. Merriam-Webster. 2008.
- ^ "chai." Dictionary.com. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. 2006.
- (Maroon Spirit Language) Carry.
chai f (usually uncountable)
- Nonstandard spelling of chāi.
- Nonstandard spelling of chái.
- Nonstandard spelling of chǎi.
- Nonstandard spelling of chài.
- English transcriptions of Mandarin speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Mandarin language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
- IPA: [tʃʰɑj]
-chai (inalienable, e.g., shichai "my grandfather/grandson", bichai "her/his/their grandfather/grandson")
- maternal grandfather, mother's father, grandson (from daughter), daughter's son
- bribe (to give a bribe)
This Swahili entry was created from the translations listed at bribe. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see chai in the Swahili Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) July 2009