Jump to navigation Jump to search
to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; (a measure word for dramas, plays, or operas)
fire; angry; fierce; fiery; thriving
|simp. and trad.
- (literary) to light a fire
- 季春出火，民咸從之；季秋內火，民亦如之。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: Rites of Zhou, circa 3rd century BCE
- Jìchūn chūhuǒ, mín xián cóng zhī; jìqiū nèihuǒ, mín yì rú zhī. [Pinyin]
- The people all followed [the command of] lighting a fire in the final month of spring; they also submitted to the prohibition of fire in the final month of autumn.
季春出火，民咸从之；季秋内火，民亦如之。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- (archaic) to vent one's anger or lust
- (Cantonese, slang) to ejaculate; to cum
- (Min Nan) to move idols or ancestral tablets out of the house during renovation
|Kanji in this term|
|しゅつ > しゅっ
- (of fire) to break out