Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ca"
- (computing) Cellular Automata
2012 July 3, Mike James, “A New Computational Universe - Fredkin's SALT CA”, www.i-programmer.info, retrieved 2012-10-25:
- The new CA is a modification of Fredkin's earlier SALT architecture in which every cell is identified as either even or odd - as in sodium and chlorine in a salt crystal hence the name. The state of each cell is either up or down and the development rule simple takes account of states of odd and even neighbours. The up-date at each time step simply takes the form of a swap of the states of diagonally related cells. SALT CAs are reversible and capable of universal computation and are conjectured to be capable of universal construction in the sense of Von Neumann.
- (US, nautical) armored cruiser, a type of warship
- (US, nautical) heavy cruiser, a variant of the cruiser type of warship
- (US, military) civil affairs, a military occupational specialty or branch
- (organic chemistry) cyanoacrylate
- (Canada, politics) Canadian Alliance or Conservative-Reform Alliance Party or Reform-Conservative Alliance Party
- (Scotland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa) Initialism of chartered accountant.
- Central Authority
- Computer Associates, an American software company.
- (Canadian politics): LPC , CPC , NDP , BQ , CCF , PC
- (US navy): CL , CC , CV , BC
CA m (plural CAs)
CA f (uncountable)