Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ac"
- 1 English
- 2 Italian
- 3 Latin
- 4 Portuguese
- (air conditioning) a.c., A/C, a/c
- (alternating current) A.C., a.c., ac
- (army corps, atheletic club) A.C.
- (anno Christi, ante Christum) A.C., A. C.
- (ante cibum) a.c.
- Initialism of absolute ceiling.
- Initialism of access control.
- Initialism of account current.
- Initialism of acre.
- (music) Initialism of adult contemporary, (a radio format)
- Initialism of air conditioned.
- Initialism of air conditioning.
- Initialism of air corps.
- Initialism of aircraftman.
- Initialism of all clear, (as in button on electronic calculator)
- (electricity) Initialism of alternating current, (often used to indicate an alternating potential rather than a current, as in 110V AC.)
- Initialism of anno Christi, (in the year of Christ.)
- Initialism of ante Christum, (before Christ.)
- (medicine) Initialism of ante cibum, (before meals.)
- (religion) Initialism of antichristian.
- Initialism of appellation contrôlée.
- Initialism of area code.
- Initialism of army corps.
- (law) as charged, as in: guilty as charged, usually a/c
- Initialism of athletic club.
- (Internet, slang) Initialism of audible chuckle. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- Initialism of author's correction.
- Initialism of automobile club.
- (US, military) Initialism of Auxiliary Collier, (a naval coal transport that travels with the fleet to provide coal for coal powered warships)
- (set theory) Initialism of axiom of choice.
- (Australia) Companion of the Order of Australia.
- Initialism of aviation cadet.
- Initialism of America's Cup, (competition yacht sailing match racing regatta)
- (chemistry) Initialism of ammonium chloride.
- (access control): RBAC
- AC in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- “AC” in Félix Gaffiot (1934), Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Paris: Hachette.
- Acre (Brazilian state)