Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ac"
- (air conditioning) a.c., A/C, a/c
- (alternating current) A.C., a.c., ac
- (army corps, atheletic club) A.C.
- (anno Christi, ante Christum) A.C., A. C.
- (ante cibum) a.c.
- absolute ceiling
- account current
- (music) adult contemporary, a radio format
- air conditioning; air conditioned
- air corps
- all clear, as in button on electronic calculator
- (electricity) alternating current; often used to indicate an alternating potential rather than a current, as in 110V AC.
- anno Christi, in the year of Christ.
- ante Christum, before Christ.
- (medicine) ante cibum, before meals.
- (religion) antichristian
- appellation contrôlée
- area code
- army corps
- (law) as charged, as in: guilty as charged, usually a/c
- athletic club
- (Internet, slang) audible chuckle (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- author's correction
- automobile club
- (US, military) Auxiliary Collier - a naval coal transport that travels with the fleet to provide coal for coal powered warships
- (set theory) axiom of choice
- (Australia) Companion of the Order of Australia.
- aviation cadet
- America's Cup (competition yacht sailing match racing regatta)
- (chemistry) Initialism of ammonium chloride.
- “AC” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.
- “AC” in Félix Gaffiot (1934), Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Paris: Hachette.
- Acre (Brazilian state)