Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To announce or record one's arrival at a hotel, airport etc.
- To contact another person in order to keep the other person informed of one's situation.
- (transitive) To return (a book to a library, source code to a repository, etc.).
- To introduce oneself and one's current situation.
2017 January 26, Christopher D. Shea, “T2 Trainspotting’: The Early Reviews”, in New York Time:
- The sequel checks in with the unmoored but largely lovable characters from the first movie as they face middle age. E
to record one's arrival