Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To yield or suffer; to surrender; to grant; as, to concede the point in question.
- He conceded the race once it was clear he could not win.
- Kendall conceded defeat once she realized she could not win in a battle of wits.
- To grant, as a right or privilege; to make concession of.
- To admit to be true; to acknowledge.
- To yield or make concession.
- (sports) To have a goal or point scored against
2011 October 2, Jonathan Jurejko, “Bolton 1 - 5 Chelsea”, BBC Sport:
- The visitors arrived at the Reebok Stadium boasting an impressive record of winning their last eight Premier League games there without conceding a goal.
- (cricket) (of a bowler) to have runs scored off of one's bowling.
(in sports): let in
to yield or suffer; to surrender
to grant, as a right or privilege
to admit to be true
to yield or make concession
(sports) to have a point scored against
(cricket) to have runs scored off of one's bowling
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.