descender (plural descenders)
- A person or thing that descends.
- (typography) The part of a lowercase letter that is drawn below the bottom of lowercase letters, such as the tail of the letters g, p, and q.
- (cycling) A cyclist who excels at fast descents.
- A belay device used in rock climbing
- decender (obsolete)
- (intransitive) to descend (to pass from a higher to a lower place)
- (genealogy, with de) to descend (from) (to have as an ancestor)
- (etymology, with de) to descend (from) (to have as an etymon)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb descender
- to descend.
- Rule: e becomes ie in stressed syllables.